Head of Marketing
Have you been part of a team that has launched a startup? Do you have a passion for healthcare? Do you aspire to heroic change? Are you ready to work on something that matters?
If you answered yes to these questions, you may be a perfect fit for MATTER's head of marketing! This role oversees the marketing and communications functions for MATTER. A successful head of marketing will continue to build the MATTER brand and expand our mission throughout the healthcare industry regionally, as well as across the nation. The marketing manager is responsible for the marketing strategy and vision for the organization and the functional support of the corporate brand identity. At MATTER, the head of marketing will strategically oversee and support execution of thought leadership, brand, digital, corporate communications, & proposals. This role oversees a team of marketers to ensure MATTER’s continuous market presence.
- Partner with executive team to define the marketing strategy with specific focus on driving partnership growth and brand awareness
- Build MATTER’s brand visibility within the healthcare ecosystem focusing on public relations, social media marketing, content marketing, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Be a good storyteller, able to identify good stories and tell them consistently with business objectives in mind.
- Create, manage and execute all marketing strategies and lead generation strategies and implement tactical plans that meet and exceed established targets
- Support new business development activities including proposals, SEO/SEM, offline marketing, PR, social media
- Develop benchmark criteria to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Define, compile, interpret, and report key metrics tied to company growth, sales execution and marketing activities
- Drive member and partnership community engagement through promotion of member and partnership success and opportunities
- Drive awareness and attendance of MATTER programming and events
- Drive processes to identify best practices, optimize the member/partner experience and drive online acquisition based on data from site visitors and user testing
- Define and own web marketing KPIs across awareness, acquisition, usage, and engagement
- Build, implement and analyze marketing programs to expand the company’s brand, acquire new customers, retain existing customers, and drive revenue
- Oversee marketing team within MATTER
- Manage a budget for all related marketing activities
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field required, Masters preferred
- 7+ years of marketing experience in B2B/B2C environments with either healthcare or startup experience
- Direct marketing and marketing communications experience in high growth organizations
- Public relations or media management is a plus
- A track record of success in managing cross functional teams and stakeholders
- Experience managing and motivating a team
- A track record of engaging key stakeholders and motivating relevant communities
- Proven ability to translate marketing analytics and insights into actionable strategy
- Passion for healthcare, startups and innovation