Do you thrive on helping others innovate? Do you find it rewarding to help entrepreneurs accomplish their business objectives through innovative content and mentorship? Do you aspire to heroic change? Are you ready to work on something that matters?
We are looking for an energetic go-getter who wants to better understand big healthcare problems and can’t wait to help solve them. Join our fast-paced and fast-growing team to support MATTER programs – initiatives that bring healthcare entrepreneurs and corporate innovators together to accelerate healthcare technology innovation.
The MATTER program coordinator will support our diverse curriculum workshops, mentorship programs and will interact directly with entrepreneurs, senior researchers, and business leaders across the healthcare ecosystem. The program coordinator will help manage a pool of volunteer mentors, support the MATTER team in strategic analysis and communication initiatives, and maintain data integrity.
The ideal candidate will enjoy a varied workday and should have a passion for entrepreneurship, data integration, life sciences, and communications. He or she will be instrumental in crafting and coordinating the data and communication elements critical to MATTER’s mentors and mentees.
If you were the MATTER program coordinator, here are some things you might have done this week:
- Manage one of MATTER’s 110+ workshops that help healthcare startups address their challenges, including coordinating with the presenter to gather and review course content, registering attendees, and distributing follow-up surveys
- Review key metrics and feedback to improve our existing workshops and identify areas for new workshops.
- Design, develop and implement new workshops.
- Interview and onboard new instructors for MATTER’s workshops.
- Interview and onboard a new mentor for MATTER’s office hours program.
- Facilitate our mentor clinic to ensure that utilization goals are met and entrepreneurs are taking advantage of the time with our mentors.
- Analyze key metrics and feedback to identify where we can improve the mentor clinic, or add new mentors to fill specific gaps in the mentor clinic.
MATTER’s Mission and Values
We look for individuals who are passionate about our vision and who exemplify our values.
Mobilize a community guided by the wisdom of experience, the foresight of innovation, and the relentless commitment to improve health and care for every patient. (If you are born into this world, you are a patient.)
- Be the host
- Make others successful
- Speak your mind
- Turn over rocks
- Never stop experimenting
Commitment to Diversity
MATTER is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization.
At MATTER, we believe collaboration is the best way to improve healthcare. The MATTER collaborative includes 200 cutting-edge startups from around the world, working together with hospitals and health systems, universities and industry-leading companies to build the future of healthcare. Together, we are accelerating innovation, advancing care and improving lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as point of contact for all workshops and mentoring programs; and assist with internal and external communications.
- Manage communication and data quality in Salesforce across MATTER programs to ensure accurate reporting and support data-driven decision making.
- Prepare status reports on progress against key goals.
- Prepare internal communications related to workshops and office hours mentors and mentees.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, engineering, biology, or chemistry; interest in life sciences
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to all levels of an organization is a must
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with strong follow-through and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce a plus