Venture Acceleration Director
Have you been part of a team that has launched a healthcare startup? Do you aspire to heroic change? Are you ready to work on something that matters?
If you answered yes to these questions, you may be a perfect fit for MATTER's new program director. As director, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the experience of MATTER’s 200 member companies – shaping our community by working to understand our member’s business needs and managing them through the key stages of their growth. With your support and with all the resources available through the MATTER community, you will help drive our member startups toward success.
- Own the member company experience at MATTER from application through exit.
- Help our member companies take advantage of our resources to accelerate their growth.
- Lead the team that provides education resources to our startup companies including workshops and our mentor clinic.
- Facilitate relationships between our corporate partners, network of mentors, advisors, and investors with our member companies.
- Support and mentor member companies through key milestones, increasing their probability of success from product validation to market entry and growth.
- Work with investors nationwide to ensure that MATTER members have the resources to fuel their growth.
- Experience in founding startup(s) and have an appreciation for the challenges of building viable businesses
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s in business or entrepreneurship preferred.
- 10+ years of work experience in entrepreneurship, venture capital, or related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of growth and commercialization challenges of a startup.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- A strong communicator and relationship builder with the ability to excel in independent working environments.
- Past experience in developing incubator or accelerator programs highly preferred.
- Flexible; able to multitask; and comfortable working within a fast-moving environment while driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Deep understanding of startups in the healthcare space, with past experience founding or leading one.
- Experiencing leading small teams.
MATTER’s Vision and Values
We look for individuals who are passionate about our vision and who exemplify our values.
Mobilize a community guided by the wisdom of experience, the foresight of innovation, and the relentless commitment to improve health and care for every patient*. (*If you are born into this world, you are a patient.)
- Be the host
- Make others successful
- Speak your mind
- Turn over rocks
- Never stop experimenting
Commitment to Diversity
MATTER is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization.
MATTER is a community of entrepreneurs, innovators, and industry leaders working together to harness technology to improve health and healthcare. MATTER incubates 200 healthcare technology startups, and the company partners with 11 hospitals and health systems, five universities, and more than 40 industry-leading companies. By equipping, empowering, and emboldening healthcare innovators, MATTER accelerates the development of technologies that solve the right healthcare problems in the right ways.