Chief of Staff
MATTER is looking for a high performing chief of staff to help us build and champion MATTER’s processes, culture and values. You will have previous experience working in a fast-paced, changing environment and possess strong people, leadership and operational skills with demonstrated success in building a high-performance organization. The successful candidate will be an effective organizational design guru who enjoys taking a methodical/analytical approach to process implementations and projects. This key communicator will fully embrace the chief of staff role and dive into ways for us to continuously improve and evolve.
As chief of staff, you will report directly to the CEO. You will be the right-hand to the CEO and focus on project management, financial planning and strategic initiatives. On project management, you will align the organization and make sure key projects are moving forward. You will coordinate communications, run meetings and help establish and run the quarterly OKR management process. On financial planning, you will be responsible for the annual budgeting and reforecasting processes, as well as working with our accountants and team on a monthly basis to manage our bottom line. On strategic initiatives, you will own key workstreams and see them through from inception to execution. You will help prepare presentations for the CEO for both internal and external communications.
Following are examples of things you will be doing if you assume this position.
- Facilitate MATTER’s strategic and operational goals, uphold our vision, and champion our values.
- Own multiple key workstreams relating to processes and projects.
- Plan key weekly meetings. Ensure all prep work is completed on time and disseminate written summaries with clear action items and follow-up on deliverables.
- Shape business goals and build roadmaps for companywide and cross-functional strategic endeavors from ideation to execution.
- Evaluate performance on a monthly and quarterly basis with OKRs.
- Develop MATTER’s budget, forecasting and operating plans.
- Develop materials and presentations in partnership with the CEO for meetings of the board of directors and key committees.
- Plan and execute offsites to help refine strategies and align the organization.
- Keep the CEO accountable for commitments, while helping keep the CEO’s reports accountable for results.
- Help to build and maintain our company culture, loyalty and enthusiasm as we continue to grow and evolve.
MATTER’s Mission and Values
We look for individuals who are passionate about our mission and who exemplify our values.
To help people and organizations transform ideas into solutions that improve the healthcare experience.
- Be the host
- Make others successful
- Speak your mind
- Turn over rocks
- Never stop experimenting
Commitment to Diversity
MATTER is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization.
At MATTER, we believe collaboration is the best way to improve healthcare. The MATTER collaborative includes 200 cutting-edge startups from around the world, working together with hospitals and health systems, universities and industry-leading companies to build the future of healthcare. Together we are accelerating innovation, advancing care and improving lives. For more information, visit matter.health and follow @MATTERhealth.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You are a trusted partner who is like a vault for confidential information.
- You are results-driven, producing outcomes and building credibility quickly.
- You are both a thinker and a doer: You’re seriously great at implementing tactical and strategic solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re an amazing project manager. You are able keep track of tight deadlines with lots of moving parts and still have presence of mind to have fun along the way.
- You are extraordinarily well organized: Things you’re responsible for simply don’t fall through the cracks.
- You have excellent communications skills. You have the ability to present stats, facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form. You know how to give and receive good news, bad news, suggestions and feedback.
- You are able to quickly learn about MATTER, our people, culture and community.
- You are a proven relationship builder, especially with senior leadership.
- You are passionate and empathetic. You care about the team and it shows.
- You have a keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize, analyze and resolve issues.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, where success is dependent upon working with other teams and departments.
- 5+ years experience at a top-tier consulting firm and/or operations experience at a startup or high-growth company.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred.