Event Coordinator - 2019
Do you enjoy bringing the healthcare community together? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have strong attention to detail? Do people describe you as enthusiastic, friendly, positive, supportive, passionate about events and calm under pressure? Do you aspire to heroic change? Are you ready to work on something that matters?
If you answered yes to these questions, you may be a perfect fit for MATTER's event coordinator position. As coordinator, you will help execute our many events that bring entrepreneurs, scientists, physicians, investors, and industry partners together.
- Communication and relationship management
- Proactively contribute to increasing 3rd party events held at MATTER
- Assisting with coordination, scheduling and execution of events such as meetings, conferences, lectures, panel discussions and organized networking
- Support event logistics including audio-visual, catering, staff coverage and facility setup for all event types (Partner, Member, MATTER and 3rd party)
- Preparing and modifying event contracts and handling related paperwork
- Help maintain events budget, reconciliation, and completion of expense reports
- Data collection and analysis
- Support for team members on successful completion of projects and events
- Strong vendor management skills and ability to achieve favorable terms and consistent quality
- Maximize the use of MATTER’s event space
- Facilitating meeting host visits/tours
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of experience in event planning, marketing, customer service or related field
- Excel at operating in a public environment where expectations are high, and the product is visible to both internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility to adapt based on the needs of a fast-paced environment and a variable schedule
- A strong communicator, relationship-builder and team player with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, comfortable communicating with high profile speakers and guests
- Proficient with basic project management software, presentation tools, and audio-visual equipment
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Salesforce experience a plus
MATTER’s Mission, Vision and Values
We look for individuals who are passionate about our mission, vision and who exemplify our values.
To help people and organizations transform ideas into solutions that improve the healthcare experience.
Mobilize a community guided by the wisdom of experience, the foresight of innovation, and the relentless commitment to improve health and care for every patient*. (*If you are born into this world, you are a patient.)
- Be the host
- Make others successful
- Speak your mind
- Turn over rocks
- Never stop experimenting
Commitment to DiversityMATTER is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization.
At MATTER, we believe collaboration is the best way to improve healthcare. The MATTER collaborative includes 200 cutting-edge startups from around the world, working together with hospitals and health systems, universities and industry-leading companies to build the future of healthcare. Together we are accelerating innovation, advancing care and improving lives. For more information, visit matter.health and follow @MATTERhealth.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply at matter.health/careers.